Wednesday, February 17, 2016

How To Love


Written by Katie Cotugno.
I read this book in July of 2014. I had written a review and would like to share it here.

I really liked the way this story was put together. The main character really spoke to me considering I have had to go through some of the things she did, like the loss of a friend. Some of the writing was sloppy to the point that it actually bothered me.

(spoiler paragraph?)

Take this passage in particular:
"How's your dad?" "Okay, I think. Soledad says okay." I squat down so that we're at eye level, voice quiet so we don't wake up the baby. "Whatcha doing?"...(10 sentences later)...I shrug. "My dad's okay," I tell him. "For now, at least." Sawyer smiles. "Soledad on the phone?" I nod.

This bothers me because at the beginning of this passage she tells Sawyer her dad is okay because Soldad told her he was. Then the author reiterates it in almost exactly the same way.
There was no need for that.

Over all I would suggest this book because I feel like the story can hit home to a lot of people

No comments:

Post a Comment